Thursday, September 1, 2011

Work In Progress

Since Rylee was born I have been looking for a way to help me cope with everything that is going on and also try and keep everyone updated on Rylee's progress.  We have been so thankful for all the thoughts and prayers from everyone.  So, after thinking of something that could help me along this road title Spina Bifida (SB), I decided that starting a blog was the best route to take.

I am going to try and post regulary.  Things with Rylee change so often and I truly want everyone to be with us on this journey.  But please keep in mind that I am also a mother to another child (Averi who is 11), wife (for almost 10 years) and I am also in grad school (yes I am a glutten for punishment).  But with this in mind I am also going to make this a priority as well.

PREWARNING...I am probably going to at times ramble on and on about things that some of you might not want to hear about.  Please, feel free, and skip over my rambles.  I am struggling to find my footing as a special needs mother and I think this blog will help me to stand a little straighter.  So, at times, I might be using this blog as a way for me to vent my frustrations, stress, annoyance and also happiness.  So, I urge you, continue to come and read all about Rylee and her CRAZY mom!!!

7 comments:

  1. I love you even when you think you're crazy....but you're not! You're doing an amazing job!! Can't wait to read and see updates on y'all's lil angel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica, you are such a strong mother, wife, friend and all around person. Thanks for starting this blog, I am certain it will help you along this journey! We all love you and your wonderful family!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so grateful to have such wonderful friends. Thank you both very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erica! I'm glad you found my blog because it lead me to your blog! I've had my blog since Caleb was about a year old and it has been a great way to share information about him and SB. It's also a great place to vent frustrations and rejoice in milestones. Can't wait to read more about Rylee :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read a little about Rylee. I am so glad you did because reading yours inspired me to write my own. I have been looking for something to help me sort out my feelings without bombarding everyone in my life with them. It felt good to know that I am not alone. This is all still so new to me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby sister, I am so proud of you. What a great way to reach out and share what is going with Rylee while giving the world a tool to learn from. Not to mention, the avenue in which you can share your thoughts....so GO FOR IT! Hold nothing back and let the world know what it is really like. There are other Mom's out there who need to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly! I am so excited to share in this journey with you. I love you.

    XOXO,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog will be very cathartic for you! I can't wait to watch Riley grow just like I've watched Averi! Know that we are in the "club" and that though the needs may be different Im always here to lend a shoulder or a hand.

    ReplyDelete